ARGUMENT IN FAVOR OF MEASURE A
The children of the Loma Prieta Joint Union Elementary School District need your YES vote for Measure A to continue for 4 years the Gann Appropriations Limit increase approved by the voters in 1996, thus allowing the district to continue to use the revenue generated by the existing special tax of $150. The facts in support of this measure speak for themselves:
The facts are:
Measure A will fund the following educational programs and services:
- The Loma Prieta Joint Union School District offers local children educational programs and instructional options that many other school districts around the state are unable to provide.
- The $282,000 that the parcel tax brings to Loma Prieta Elementary School and C.T. English Middle School every year makes a critical difference in the quality of education we can offer local children.
- The instructional programs funded by the parcel tax directly benefit children. Losing these funds would mean immediate cuts in critical educational programs.
- The authorization to spend the tax expires every four years and must be re-authorized by local voters.
- Expand math, science and language arts program,
- Maintain music and performing arts, P.E., library, nurse and educational technology,
- Continue small class sizes,
- Maintain additional middle school classroom space (6 rooms),
- Equip and maintain the schools, facilities and grounds to meet requirements of increased safety and technology.
The cost is reasonable:
VOTE YES ON MEASURE A
Measure A is a valuable investment in the future of our children, our grandchildren, and our community. The owner of each parcel of land in the Loma Prieta Joint Union Elementary School District pays $150 per year. That's just $12.50 per month to give our children and grandchildren the education they need and deserve!
Minister of Skyland Community Church
s/ Charlie M. Norman